A) Warm up – Upper Back and Bum
10 sec contralateral hold/side
15m reverse crawl – ball on back
10 sec SL back extension hold/side
10 sec SA, SL ring row hold
B) Snatch: Single in 20-30 min – Go for it if feeling it!
– lifted in kg
– didn’t feel strong off the floor but felt fast.
C) Muscle Up: Amrap x 1
– PR tie but I know there is more in the tank. Form was off which I fixed with James. Pulling get fine. Just got fatigued. Little tricep pump but not much.
– no missed on DU other than a little hiccup grabbing the rope for one of the sets. First couple burpee sets I could have gone faster. Burned out the burpees the last two sets.
– Best scores is sub 12 min
Row: sub 3:30 came off of rower at 3:30 and felt fresh.. Kept about a 1:45 ish pace. Slowed a bit towards the end to get ready for HSPU.
Row: kept at 1:45 pace and sprinted the last 250 at sub 1:40 pace to finish sub 11.
Breathing, shoulders, everything felt fine. I guess I should have pushed more…
EASY jog 30-45 min
19:40 total time
7:44 avg pace
7:15 fastest mile
*With Frank haha.
Bike 20 min
Row 20 min
Walk 20 min
Forgot to look at total cals
2:25.7 avg pace
Palmer Park Trail Hike
RomWOD and Neck Exercises
Attempted to workout at CF Soco but wasn’t feeling it.
Hike at Palmer Park again.
Ate a lot for Thanksgiving.
Long casual hike in Manitou.
Walked around Old Colorado City.
Devil’s Playground 13’er (9 miles).
Steep, rough hike up a random trail.
Manitou Incline. Ran down the trail alongside the incline.
Drove to Denver.
A) 3 sets:
5 cable RDL/side
15 sec SL glute bridge hold/leg
50, 60, 60 rdl’s
60, 70, 70 on chops
B) 4.5 Month Prone Position
20-30 sec hold/side x 3; rest as needed
Done with neck turns
C) Power snatch + OHS: buidling load for 20 min – WORK to push this, go for it if it feels good, DO NOT hold back. NEED some good numbers
Only 235 today. WAY better postitioning though!
D) 5 RFT:
15 KBS – 2pd
– GO for it!
– Sub 25 min goal
Row was around 1:47 pace. Slowed a bit last two rounds. Quick transitions throughout. Quick burpees and had to speed up at the end to make up pace for the Row. Each round was about 4:50ish and getting my first meter on the rower at 5:00 min increment.
E) Watt bike cool down 15-20 min
Watt bike – GOOD breathing and sustained pace
15 min worth.
Travel to Colorado
A1) Barbell Thruster: 8 reps FAST; rest 30 sec – buidling from 135# – SPEED BASED, working on breathing and EXPLODING!
135, 145, 155, 165, 175
– felt quick and snappy!
A2) Chest to Bar Pull-Up: 15 reps unbroken; rest 3:30 x 5 sets
Feeling good today!
– with oly shoes on
B) Barbell russian step us @2010; 8 reps/leg x 2; rest 2 min tough sets NOT alt legs!
160, 170- tough
C) 6 rounds @80-85%:
5 pHSPU -10″ – kipping
10 double KB FR lunges – 2pd/h
20 wtd. DU
– HSPU felt off today. James noticed that my left trap is overworking here. After the workout I did a bunch of negatives and tried to even it out thinking about having a long neck.
– James changed my FR position on the lunges halfway thru which made them way harder and the HSPU’s harder.
D) Cool down walk in sun 20 in
Yup + neck stretches
A) MAP 8 controlled:
15 min @75% Aer
AB 15 cals
1 strict MU
20m HS walk
rest walk 3 min
15 min @75% Aer
10 NPUBBJ – 24″
20 air squats
– Track rounds – KEEP this slow easy and maintained!
4 + 15 cals
4 + 235m
– subbed 400m row for the ski
B) EASY walk cool down in sun 20-30 min
Neck exercises instead here plus local cryo on my neck.
A) Hike 60-90 min
Hike EASY 60-90 min
1 hr 30 min hike at Lost Dog Wash Trail
I think it’s around 4 miles
A) Swim EASY
Swim 45-60 min – ALL based, work continuous work and STAYING consistent with form/mechanics
Play 15-20 min
Hot Tub for 20min
Pool play for 20min
Napped in sun for 20min
A) Power Jerk: Emom 8 min – 8 reps TnG – bulding from 135# – PERFECT reps SIT back and sustained movements!
135 built by 10’s each set to finish at 205
– front rack is feeling legit as fuck
B) 5 sets @sustained effort:
10 kipping HSPU
rest walk 2 min
– PERFECT reps on the wall, working on breathing and FAST transitions
C) CP GRIND:
4 medball 2 shoulder – 150#
3 medball on shoulder lunges/leg – 150#
15m medball on shoulder carry – 150#
Did not do.
D) Watt bike 10k outdoors!
Doing now nice and easy.